Mega blood camp
Every 2 Seconds
Someone Needs BlooD.
An epitome of Philanthropy, Dr. O. P. Bhalla had spared no effort to ameliorate the lives of people around him. In that spirit, under the aegis of Dr. O P Bhalla Foundation, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions organize the Annual Mega Blood Donation Camp on the 16th of September. The date also marks the Remembrance Anniversary of our Great Founder. The Mega Blood Donation Camp perpetuates Dr. O.P. Bhalla’s core belief of giving back to society. It also reflects the generosity of spirit evident among the young members of the Manav Rachna family as they volunteer each year willingly to donate blood and help save lives.
Instructions for the Blood Donors:
- Stay well-hydrated before and on the day of donation for a smoother blood draw and to maintain blood volume.
- Eat nutrient-rich foods with iron, vitamins, and minerals to support healthy red blood cell production before and after donating.
- Avoid fatty foods on donation day to prevent affecting blood quality and lipid levels in samples.
- Have a meal atleast 3 hours prior to donating blood.
- Ensure a good night’s sleep before donating to reduce chances of feeling faint during or after the process.
- Please refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol for atleast 24 hours before the day of donating blood.
- Wear loose sleeves for easy arm access during the blood draw.
- Stay calm using deep breathing and positive thoughts to ease donation anxiety.
- Inform medical staff of any conditions before donation for appropriate guidance and safety.
- Rest and drink electrolyte-rich fluids after donation, avoiding heavy lifting or intense exercise on the same day.
- Report any dizziness, nausea, or weakness to staff and rest until feeling normal, though such reactions are rare.
- If you have recently had a tattoo or body piercing, you cannot donate for 6 months from the date of the procedure.
- Men can donate safely once in every three months while women can donate every four months. Please refrain from donating blood if you have donated blood within this period.
Be a superhero!
One unit of healthy blood donated can save up to 3 lives.
Next Annual Blood Camp on 16.9.2024