The Tallest Tiranga was hoisted in Faridabad under the aegis of Faridabad Navchetna Trust to commemorate National Defence Day on 3rd March, 2015.
Faridabad was witness to a historical moment in time when the world’s Tallest Tiranga was hoisted at the HUDA Town Park in Sector 12 by eminent dignitaries Shri Amit Shah, National President, Bharatiya Janta Party; Hon’ble Chief Minister of Haryana Shri Manohar Lal; Sh. Dharmendra Pradhan, MOS (IC), Govt. of India; Sh. Subhash Barala, President, BJP Haryana Unit; Dr. Anil Jain, National Secretary, BJP & Incharge Haryana, BJP; Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar, MOS, Govt. Of India; Brigadier Kuldeep Singh Chandpuri, Mahavir Chakra Awardee & VSM; Actor Sh. Ranbir Kapoor and Shri Vipul Goel, MLA& Chairman, Faridabad Navchetna Trust.
The Tiranga, a symbol of our national pride, culture and identity, and emblematic of the hopes and aspirations of the people of India, was installed today under the leadership of Sh. Vipul Goel by the Faridabad Navchetna Trust to commemorate National Defence Day on 3rd March, 2015.
Towering at a height of 250 feet (dimensions of Tiranga: 96 feet X 64 feet), The Tallest Tiranga filled the gathering of more than 10,000 people with great patriotic fervor as they looked up in awe and wonder at its majestic presence during the unfurling. Renowned Bollywood composer Mr. Sachin Jigar set the patriotic tone amid loud applause by the audience. The Tricolour hoisting also became a reaffirmation of the fact that patriotism is well and truly alive, teaching us lessons in love, culture, respect and discipline.
Expressing his happiness over the hoisting of The Tallest Tiranga, Shri Amit Shah said, “This is a proud moment for all of us and the people of Haryana. With this, the state of Haryana will be looked up to. Each and every citizen of Haryana must now take on their social duties with far more focus than before. On the occasion of the National Defence Day, let us remember our soldiers and pledge to give respect to the families of the defence forces.”
Shri Manohar Lal said: “It is indeed a proud moment for the people of Haryana to witness such a path breaking moment. I thank Faridabad Navchetna Trust for living up to its name- it has truly brought about a whole new ‘chetna’ among the people of Haryana, fostering a sense of unity and patriotism. I feel overwhelmed to see so many people who have gathered here to recollect the glorious history of our freedom struggle and to pay respect to the soldiers who have believed in the Tiranga and fought for the country”.
Actor Ranbir Kapoor who was part of the occasion remarked in all humility:“To be a part of the hoisting ceremony of the world’s Tallest Tiranga is a rare opportunity. I am indeed obliged to be a part of the ceremony. Together, let us take this progressive nation to greater heights and give full support to our Hon’ble Prime Minister’s ‘Swachh Bharat’, ‘Women Empowerment’ and ‘Make in India’ campaigns.”
While thanking the administration and congregation, Shri Vipul Goel stated: “On its launch today, the Faridabad Navchetna Trust has also become a part of the nation’s historic moment by installing the world’s tallest Tiranga in Faridabad, Haryana. Faridabad Navchetna Trust is dedicated towards the transformation of the social and cultural life of Faridabad”.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Prashant Bhalla, President, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI) said, “History has been created and it has been an honour to be a part of this memorable day. The Tallest Tiranga is an augury of all good things to come and has imbued everyone present with a deep sense of commitment towards the nation. I feel proud to be an Indian all over again and bow my head in gratitude to all those freedom fighters and martyrs who gave their tomorrows that we may live to see and cherish our today. The Tallest Tiranga is a tribute to their courage and ‘never say die’ spirit as they will be remembered for generations on end.”
Dr. Amit Bhalla, Vice President, MREI & Trustee, Faridabad Navchetna Trust informed “Manav Rachna Educational Institutions have taken on the onus of maintaining and caring for the world’s Tallest Tiranga. As a symbol of India’s freedom struggle and a reminder of the martyrs who had laid down their lives in the service of the nation, The Tallest Tiranga is a true representation of the dreams of millions of people who are willing to fight against all odds to protect the unity and security of the nation”.
On this momentous occasion, War Widows and Veer Naris were honoured along with Gallantry Awardees and Freedom Fighters.
War Widows and Veer Naris honoured at The Tallest Tiranga hoisting on National Defence Day:
- Smt Bir Bati W/o L/Nk Shiv Narain –Operation: 1962 Indo China War
- Smt Prem Wati W/o L/Nk Balbir Singh– Operation: 1962 Indo China War
- Smt Ram Bati W/o L/Nk Tek Chand– Operation: 1962 Indo China War
- Smt Ram Rati W/o L/Nk Hav. Om Prakash– Operation: 1965 Indo China War
- Smt Chandri W/o Sep Sher Singh– Operation: 1965 Indo-Pak War
- Smt Savitri W/o Sep Dharam Vir– Operation: 1965 Indo-Pak War
- Smt Virmati Devi W/o Sep Vikram Singh– Operation: 1965 Indo-Pak War
- Smt Chandra W/o Hav. Mahipal Singh– Operation: 1965 Indo-Pak War
- Smt Kirpal Kaur W/o Hav. Ram Pal– Operation: 1971 Indo-Pak War
- Smt Ram Bati W/o Gdr Ram Bir– Operation: OP ‘Meghdoot’
- Smt Shakunt M/o Lt R.S. Nagar– Operation: OP “Pawan”
- Smt Lila Wati M/o Sep Virender Kumar– Operation: OP Vijay (Kargil)
- Smt Usha Devi W/o Sep Har Prashad — Operation: OP Rakshak
- Smt Prem Lata W/o Nk Jagbir Singh– Operation: OP Rakshak
- Smt Vijay Laxmi W/o Hav. Birbal, S.C.— Operation: OP Rakshak
- Smt Mem Wati W/o Nk Raghubir Singh— Operation: OP Rakshak
- Smt Mamuna Begum W/O Nk Md. Sadique– Operation: OP Rakshak
- Smt Bhagwani M/O Gdr D.S. Bhati— Operation: OP Rakshak
- Smt Lalita Sharma W/o Hav. Jagdish— Operation: OP Rakshak
- Smt Manju W/o Sep Gopal Singh– Operation: OP Rakshak